Ticketing for Student Clubs and Organizations
What You Get from Brandeis Tickets
- For events that charge for admittance
- $0.50 per sold ticket for tickets priced up to $20 each
- $1 per sold ticket for ticket over $20 each
- Plus, 5% of all credit card fees (based on gross receipts of all credit card sales)
- For events with free tickets
- $0.15 per distributed ticket
- $0.05 per unused hard ticket printed for door sales at venues other than Shapiro Campus Center and Spingold.
- For events that charge a fee for non-Brandeis guests, but are free for Brandeis students, we combine the above fee structures.
Examples of Maximum Ticket Fees (If Sold Out)
Maximum Fee for a Free Event*
|Levin Ballroom||Auditorium Style||450||$67.50|
|Levin Ballroom||Empty (Dance)||700||$105|
Dance Party Example
The ticketing fee for a dance party in which 200 free tickets are distributed would be $30. This fee would be billed to the club's account after the event. If non-Brandeis guests were charged for admittance, the ticketing fee would be deducted from that ticket income and the remaining balance of the income would be deposited in the club's account.
The event attendee incurs a $2 per ticket handling fee for all online and telephone orders. This fee is added to the ticket price. There is no fee for in-person sales.
Getting Your Money and Paying for Brandeis Tickets' Services
For clubs to receive their ticket income or pay for ticketing fees (for free, but ticketed events), they must be recognized clubs and have a club account (a.k.a, university charge line). All ticket sales income is collected at the point of sale and held by Brandeis Tickets. After the event(s) close and all sales are complete, Brandeis Tickets will run a settlement report and statement of account. Ticket fees are deducted from the gross receipts, and all net adjusted receipts will be remitted to the club or organization via university accounting to the club's charge line.