Brandeis ID Card
Your Brandeis Campus Card is your official identification card on campus. It can be used as a dining card and debit card (with WhoCash) for many campus services, as a library card and for door access at residence halls and other buildings on campus.
Obtaining Your First Brandeis ID Card
All matriculating students and all employees paid by Brandeis University are issued a Brandeis ID card when they are first enrolled or hired. Cards can be obtained between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, on the lower level of Kutz Hall. No appointment is necessary. Please be sure to bring with you the following materials:
- Students, faculty, staff, and postdocs: Government-issued ID (driver's license or passport). Employees cannot be issued Brandeis ID cards prior to their official start date.
- Visiting scholars, visiting researchers, visiting scientists, etc: Letter of appointment. Call 781-736-4230 or email the Campus Card Office ahead of time to make sure you have all the necessary materials.
Uploading Your Photo
In order to reduce in-person traffic and to better comply with social distancing guidelines, we would like for Brandeis students, faculty, and staff to upload their own photos to be printed on new Campus Cards. Photos must comply with the guidelines listed below. Selfie photos must be submitted from the GET Mobile App on a smart phone (found as "GET Mobile" in the App Store or Google Play Store) or through the Brandeis Login Page under WhoCash/Meal Plans. Your GET login is your Usernet ID and password. For security purposes, we do not mail out ID cards.
- Photo must show the head and shoulders of just you. Please use a passport or driver's license photo as an acceptable example.
- You must have a plain, light background (light solid colors like white, off-white, gray, or light blue backgrounds work well to contrast the face). No patterned, brick, plant/floral, dark/black or busy backgrounds.
- You must submit a color picture. No black-and-white, sepia, or filtered photos.
- Your head must face the camera directly with your full face in view, centered in the frame at eye level. No side profile shots or selfies taken at a high or low angles.
- Your photo must be of you and no one else. No cropped group photos or any hands in the frame.
- No sunglasses, hats, masks, props, or anything else that obstructs your face. Exception: items worn for religious purposes.
- Photo file must be smaller than 3MB. Some very high-resolution photos or extremely large files might not be accepted by the sytem.
- The system will reject photos that do not comply, and you will need to submit a new photo or take an in-person photo.
Reporting a Lost ID Card
You may report your Brandeis ID card as lost via one of the following options:
- Online: Login with your Usernet ID and password to the GET portal. Under "Quick Links," click "I Lost My Card," and then click the "Report My Lost Card" button.
- Phone: 781-736-4230.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When reporting a card as lost, let us know if you want your account temporarily inactivated. Once you replace (or find) your card, your account must be reactivated (so don't forget to tell us).
Obtaining a Replacement ID Card
Replacement ID cards may be obtained from the Campus Card Office in Kutz Hall between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. You do not need an appointment. We are closed on all Brandeis holidays.
The fee for replacing a lost ID card is $10; you may pay by WhoCash, cash or, for students, bill to your Sage account. If an ID card is unusable due to normal wear and tear, it will be replaced free of charge if the numbers on the front of the card match the numbers on your account. You must turn in the damaged card.
Please note: An old card cannot be reactivated.