Your major is just the beginning...
Your major helps you develop knowledge, skills and abilities that employers seek.
To identify additional skills and abilities you have developed through your coursework, activities and work, consider using the reflection worksheets (accessible via B.hired > Resources) and/or Type Focus (accessible via B.hired > Resources).
To build your resume, please review Hiatt's sample resumes.
The Brandeis Internship Exchange is a convenient online tool to find and share internship opportunities.
Just log on with your UNET ID and use the advanced search to search internships by major.
Women's and Gender Studies: Sample of Possible Occupations
The list below was populated with information from Brandeis alumni in the Women's and Gender Studies Program.
- Applied Researcher in Healthcare
- Professor of Anthropology, History, English Literature, Musicology
- Professor of Policy Studies, Political Science, Social Work
- Curriculum Supervisor
- Elementary or High School teacher
- English and Reading Intervention teacher
- Special Education teacher
- Assistant General Counsel for non-profit healthcare company
- Civil Rights attorney
- Criminal and Immigration Law attorney
- General Counsel attorney
- Obstetrics and Gynecology resident
- Children’s boutique co-owner
- Health food industry caterer
- Magazine editor
- Music promotion company Member/Artist Relations Manager
- Think tank analyst
- Assistant Regional Director for Civil Rights
- Communications Director at a nonprofit that
- Non-government organization in support of children’s education and
- Organizer for Service Employees International Union
- Program Assistant at International Health Non-profit focusing on family planning, reproductive health and HIV/AIDS treatment
- Program Coordinator at Commission on Assaults Against Women
- Program Coordinator for after school programs focused on girl’s self-esteem
- Sexual Violence Prevention Coordinator
- Supported Housing Program Representative
- Assistant Director for Education, Workforce, and Income Security Issues
- U.S. Marine Corps Officer
- Department of Public Health Project Coordinator and Researcher
- Hospital Network Vice President
- Public health nonprofit Executive Director
- Women’s Health Coordinator for State Department of Health Services
- Child/Family Therapist
- Children and adolescent Clinical Psychologist
- Mental health therapist
- Ph.D. Candidate in Clinical Psychology
- Social worker