Summer Institute for Israel Studies
The Summer Institute for Israel Studies provides a rigorously academic approach to the teaching of Israel Studies on college campuses. Since 2004, university and college faculty members are invited here to develop courses in history, politics, film, Jewish studies, religion, law, anthropology, linguistics, security studies, and more.
Competitive fellowships are open to faculty members in the humanities and social sciences.
Applications are due January 20, 2017.
June 20 - July 2, 2017 Seminar at Brandeis
July 3 - July 12, 2017 Israel Study Tour
- Stipend of up to $2,500
- Travel (within North America and to Israel), accommodations, and most meals covered
- World-class faculty from Israel and the U.S. teach Brandeis seminar
- Leading personalities in public life, the academy, and the arts meet with group in Israel
- Create a syllabus and leave equipped to teach a new course in any discipline
- Join a network of 270 faculty members — teaching at nearly 200 institutions worldwide — supported by a wealth of pedagogical resources and continuing professional development
Please click on the links below or at your left to find out more about the program.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Summer Institute for Israel Studies is generously supported by the Jim Joseph Foundation, the Israel Institute and other donors.