"Teaching Future Teachers" by Dr. Marya Levenson in the Loomis Chaffee Magazine
"The ABC's of SPLERT" by Prof. James Morris
Now offering MAT programs in Mathematics and Chinese!
(Obtain an initial licensure to teach Mathematics or Chinese in a secondary school system)
Receive an additional license in moderate special needs!
(additional coursework and practicum hours required)
Why Choose the Brandeis MAT?
- A philosophy of education rooted in social justice
- Personalized attention from faculty, mentors, and colleagues in the small and caring cohort
- Discipline-focused pedagogy that enables you to share your passion for your subject with your students
- A holistic approach to adolescent development
- A choice of an internship in an urban, suburban, or Jewish day school
- Dual certification in middle (grades 5-8) and high (grades 8-12) school
- Substantial scholarships and financial aid
- Induction support which will enhance your development as a teacher leader
- The children and youth of America urgently need bold, capable, committed teachers.
- You need to do meaningful work, and teaching is as meaningful as it gets.
- Teaching is actually a growth field, despite the economic crisis. According to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, US schools will need 3 million to 5 million new teachers over the next decade.