BA/BS MAT Info Session for Brandeis Undergraduates
Thursday, Oct. 20, 5-6:30pm, ASAC
MAT Open House
Wednesday, November 9, 9am-5pm
Now offering MAT programs in Mathematics and Chinese!
(Obtain an initial licensure to teach Mathematics or Chinese in a secondary school system)
Receive an additional license in moderate special needs!
(additional coursework and practicum hours required)
MAT BrochureThe ABC's of SPLERT
Why Choose the Brandeis MAT?
- A philosophy of education rooted in social justice
- Personalized attention from faculty, mentors, and colleagues in the small and caring cohort
- Discipline-focused pedagogy that enables you to share your passion for your subject with your students
- A holistic approach to adolescent development
- A choice of an internship in an urban, suburban, or Jewish day school
- Dual certification in middle (grades 5-8) and high (grades 8-12) school
- Substantial scholarships and financial aid
- Induction support which will enhance your development as a teacher leader
- The children and youth of America urgently need bold, capable, committed teachers.
- You need to do meaningful work, and teaching is as meaningful as it gets.
- Teaching is actually a growth field, despite the economic crisis. According to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, US schools will need 3 million to 5 million new teachers over the next decade.