Medical Dietary Accommodations
Before you start this application, it is important that you have already reviewed the Brandeis Hospitality website to see if your food allergies, intolerances, and/or other medical dietary needs can be standardly provided in the dining halls. The medical dietary accommodation request is for those with medically documented diagnosis/-es that require special dining accommodations or have medically prescribed diet plans for the treatment of a medical condition.
Our goal is to meet medical dietary needs through appropriate accommodations within Brandeis Hospitality. All on-campus students are required to enroll in a meal plan. In rare circumstances, exemptions from this policy are granted only for medically documented cases of dietary need.
Requesting Access to The Pantry
The medical dietary accommodation forms are also required for those who are requesting access to The Pantry.
The Pantry is located at the entrance of Usdan Kitchen providing staple items for students with documented medical/disability dietary needs who follow a gluten-free diet and/or avoid peanuts or tree nuts. This area is always to be free of tree nuts, peanuts, and gluten containing ingredients and products for the safety of our students. For more information about gaining access, please contact Brandeis Hospitality.
Steps in the Application Process
As a first step, before you start the medical dietary accommodation request process, we encourage you to reach out to schedule a meeting with John Corona, RD, Health and Wellbeing Manager (JCorona@brandeis.edu), to see if your medical dietary needs can already be accommodated in the dining halls. If you have a religious dietary need accommodation request, please reach out to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Complete the entirety of the Medical Dietary Accommodation Request Form.
Please provide as much detail when filling out this form. This form is your opportunity to explain your medical diagnosis/-es and how your requested medical dietary accommodation will help you eat in the dining halls on-campus.
Your Medical Dietary Accommodation Request will not be reviewed by the committee until we have also received the Health Provider Report Form from your medical care provider. Please follow the instructions in the confirmation email you will receive after submitting this form.
Have your provider complete the Medical Dietary Accommodation Health Provider Report Form. This form provides more specific information about your diagnosis/-es.
All requests are reviewed by the Medical Dietary Accommodation Committee. This committee includes representatives from Brandeis Hospitality, the Health Center, University Services, and Student Accessibility Support. When necessary, the committee may consult with staff from the Office of Equal Opportunity. The committee meets regularly to review requests on a rolling basis.
If your request is approved, your accommodation will be in place for the current academic year. You will need to re-submit a new medical dietary accommodation request for the next academic year with updated documentation.
- Staff and Contact Information
- Academic Advising
- Myra Kraft Transitional Year Program
- Pre-Health Advising
- Student Support Services Program
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Fellowship
Student Accessibility Support
- Academic Accommodations for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Providing Documentation
- Non-Academic Accommodations: Housing, Medical Dietary, Parking, and Accessible Transport Van
- Students: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Information for Faculty
- Student Accessibility Support (SAS) Fellows
- Information for Teaching Assistants/Course Assistants
- Information for Families
- Accessibility Resources
- Grievance Process, Reporting, and Campus Policies
- Campus Accessibility Committee
- Upcoming Events
- Resources for Faculty
- Disability Student Request Form for Medical Housing Accommodations Form
- Medical Housing Accommodations Medical Care Provider Verification Form
- Medical Dietary Accommodation Request Form
- Medical Dietary Accommodation Health Provider Report Form
- Parking Accommodation Request Form
- Accessible Transport Van Request Form