Skip to content
Ideas for UDR Initiatives
- Create or attend pre-enrollment information/advising sessions.
- Participate in job talks and interviews for new faculty searches.
- Create and distribute a survey to majors/minors to learn what they most appreciate/most want to change in your department/program, and present the findings at a department/program meeting.
- Organize a research panel; include information/speakers on research, internship and other academic opportunities.
- Organize a series of brown bag lunches on issues in your department or in your field.
- Create a social media page just for your major/minor. Be sure to link it to the general UDR instagram.
- Organize a "What to Do With a Major" in your field event; invite alums with a range of professions.
- Create a department/program newsletter to distribute information on internships, research, cultural events and other department/program activities.
- Discuss with faculty your recruitment ideas to attract prospective majors/minors.
- Help establish tutoring groups or study sessions.
- Lobby for new course offerings.
- Organize a graduate school information session.
- Organize an alumni career panel.
- Organize thesis writing sessions so students can support and learn from each other.
- Plan movie nights, talent shows, ice cream socials, etc.