Biochemistry Undergraduate Publications
A valuable part of a Biochemistry education at Brandeis is the opportunity to collaborate with faculty, graduate students and postdocs in one of the many labs here. Many students begin working in labs as early as their first semester, while others may start as juniors. Sometimes, the research leads to a publication in a peer-reviewed research publication in a scientific journal.
Brandeis Biochemistry undergraduates have been co-authors on many peer-reviewed research publications in scientific journals. Names of Biochemistry undergraduate students from Brandeis are indicated below in bold face.
The publications listed below are from 2018-present. If you are interested in viewing older Biochemistry undergraduate publications, please contact biochemistry@brandeis.
- Sun S, He Z, Jiang P, Baral R, Pandelia ME. Metal Dependence and Functional Diversity of Type I Cas3 Nucleases. Biochemistry. 2022 Feb 21. doi: 10.1021/acs.biochem.1c00779.
- Sun S, Wang R, Pandelia ME. Vibrio cholerae V-cGAP3 Is an HD-GYP Phosphodiesterase with a Metal Tunable Substrate Selectivity. Biochemistry. July 28, 2022.
- Langton M, Appell M, Koob J, Pandelia ME. Domain Fusion of Two Oxygenases Affords Organophosphonate Degradation in Pathogenic Fungi. Biochemistry. 2022.
- Li T, Li Z, Deans EE, Mittler E, Liu M, Chandran K, Ivanovic T. The shape of pleomorphic virions determines resistance to cell-entry pressure. Nat Microbiol. 2021.
- Hadzipasic A, Wilson C, Nguyen V, Kern N, Kim C, Pitsawong W, Villali J, Zheng Y, Kern D. Ancient origins of allosteric activation in a Ser-Thr kinase. Science. 2020;367(6480):912-7
- Liu X, Garber A, Ryan J, Deshpande A, Ringe D, Pochapsky TC. A Model for the Solution Structure of Human Fe(II)-Bound Acireductone Dioxygenase and Interactions with the Regulatory Domain of Matrix Metalloproteinase I (MMP-I). Biochemistry. 2020.
- Matos JO, Kumar RP, Ma AC, Patterson M, Krauss IJ, Oprian DD. Mechanism Underlying Anti-Markovnikov Addition in the Reaction of Pentalenene Synthase. Biochemistry. 2020.
- Langton M, Sun S, Ueda C, Markey M, Chen J, Paddy I, Jiang P, Chin N, Milne A, Pandelia M-E. The HD-Domain Metalloprotein Superfamily: An Apparent Common Protein Scaffold with Diverse Chemistries. Catalysts. 2020;10(10).
- Zorba A, Nguyen V, Koide A, Hoemberger M, Zheng Y, Kutter S, Kim C, Koide S, Kern D. Allosteric modulation of a human protein kinase with monobodies. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2019.
- Halpin JC, Jangi R, Street TO. Multi-mapping confounds ribosome profiling analysis: A case-study of the Hsp90 molecular chaperone. Proteins. 2019.
- Morehouse BR (*), Kumar RP (*), Matos JO, Yu Q, Bannister A, Malik K, Temme JS, Krauss IJ, Oprian DD. Direct evidence for an enzyme generated LPP intermediate in (+)-limonene synthase using a fluorinated GPP substrate analog. ACS Chem Biol. 2019.
- Turman DL, Cheloff AZ, Corrado AD, Nathanson JT, Miller C. Molecular Interactions between a Fluoride Ion Channel and Synthetic Protein Blockers. Biochemistry. 2018.
- Pochapsky TC, Wong N, Zhuang Y, Futcher J, Pandelia M-E, Teitz DR, Colthart AM. NADH reduction of nitroaromatics as a probe for residual ferric form high-spin in a cytochrome P450. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2018;1866(1):126-33.
- Tu Y, Kreinbring CA, Hill M, Liu C, Petsko GA, McCune CD, Berkowitz DB, Liu D, Ringe D. Crystal Structures of Cystathionine beta-Synthase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: One Enzymatic Step at a Time. Biochemistry. 2018.
- Wirth JD, Boucher JI, Jacobowitz JR, Classen S, Theobald DL. Functional and structural resilience of the active site loop in the evolution of Plasmodium lactate dehydrogenase. Biochemistry. 2018.