Why Group Therapy?
We want to feel seen and heard. We want human connection. We want to feel like we belong. With group therapy, you get the best of both worlds: the ear of a trained therapist, and the expertise and compassion of your peers. Members learn about themselves by understanding one another. This collective learning based on interpersonal exchanges is transformative.
- Student Agreement/Consent for Telehealth: Students interested in group therapy will sign the Telehealth Consent in the portal. Students who have already had an assessment at the BCC will have completed this in their first meeting. Visit the patient portal to sign the Student Agreement/ Consent for Telehealth.
Fall 2021 Groups
re:MIND Anxiety and Depression Symposia
The re:MIND Symposia program helps students build essential, fundamental mental health skills and knowledge. Each group is run by a trained clinician specifically focused on a clinical issue. Groups are offered as four weekly sessions at varying times throughout the week (one section is for undergraduates; the other for grad students).
The Symposia are offered in addition to all other BCC services. Each student who begins
treatment with the BCC, or who has been an ongoing client struggling with symptoms of depression or anxiety, has the option to attend.
Other Group/Workshop Options
If there is a group topic you’re interested in (e.g., Substances and Me, Disordered Eating Support, Alternative Healing, etc.), please let us know by emailing Hadassah Margolis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for a one-time workshop or presentation on a mental health topic? The BCC offers the following workshops:
- BCC Services 101
- Boundaries & Assertive Communication
- Courageously Vulnerable Conversations
- How to Build Listening, Empathy, and Validation Skills
- How to Support Someone in Distress
- Imposter Syndrome for Marginalized Groups
- Meet the Community Therapy Team
- Mental Health Bingo
- Motivational Interviewing
- My Superpower: POA
- Where Do Others End and I Begin?
OR another topic of your choice!
To make a request, visit: https://www.brandeis.edu/health/promotion/education.html
Also, HAWP and BTW offer the following workshops: https://www.brandeis.edu/health/promotion/education.html
Common Misperceptions about Group Therapy
Reprinted with permission from: https://counseling.vcu.edu/students/services/therapy/group-therapy/