Code of Conduct
To provide all participants the opportunity to benefit, WeSSLLI is dedicated to hosting a safe and harassment-free conference in which diverse participants may learn, network and enjoy the company of colleagues in the spirit of curiosity, amity, open-mindedness, and respect. We aim to provide an inclusive environment regardless of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, physical appearance, ethnicity, religion or other group identity or political beliefs. Thus, harassment is strictly prohibited.
Harassment is defined as any behavior that threatens another person or group and that reinforces social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age and/or religion. Examples of harassing behavior include
- Invasion of privacy, including taking photos or screenshots of conversations or posting personal details about someone else without their permission
- Stalking, following, or other acts that would be considered intimidating
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Sexual harassment of any kind, including unwelcome sexual attention and inappropriate contact, even when cast as a joke
- The gratuitous use of sexual images in public spaces
- Homophobia, racism or behavior that discriminates against a group or class of people.
At our event, you agree to:
- Respect the boundaries of other attendees.
- Avoid behavior that may be aggressively pushing your own services, products or causes.
- Respect the confidentiality of speakers and other attendees.
- Look out for one another.
If you have been involved or have witnessed an incident that violates the Code of Conduct, please use our name-optional reporting form to let us know immediately. Please share as much information as you can to help us make a thorough investigation of the incident.
Participants asked to stop hostile or harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Participants who violate these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of WeSSLLI organizers.