Brandeis Study Abroad Account
General Program Information
The program fee for summer 2014 is $9,200. This amount is competitive with other summer study abroad programs in Europe that have a similar academic focus. View the Cost of Attendance sheet to learn more.
The fee includes:
- Tuition for two 4-credit courses
- Library and technology fees
- Copy cards
- Approximately 1/4 of all dinners and 1/4 of all lunches, as well as additional beverages and snacks
- A range of field trips
- Transportation for local program related academic and extracurricular activities
- Comprehensive International Health Insurance (CISI)
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance coverage, including a 24-hour traveler's assistance help-line
Need-based travel grants are available to Brandeis students. There are limited funds so the amount of aid an individual will receive will depend on the number of students requesting aid. Typically a travel grant will be awarded for $300 to $1,000 per individual.
Estimated Additional Expenses
Personal expenses vary greatly based on individual spending habits and budgets. Food, incidentals and personal transportation costs differ depending on the interests and pursuits of each student. To learn more about personal budgeting, we recommend that you speak with past participants. The following information should be used as a guideline only.
- International airfare $1,250
- Local personal transportation and entertainment $300
- Breakfasts, 3/4 of all dinners and 3/4 of all lunches $600
- Books and Supplies $100
Total Estimated Additional Expenses: $2,250
For a useful tool to use while beginning to budget your expenses, refer to Leiden University's Cost of Living webpage.
Please note that Brandeis University reserves the right to adjust its fees in the event of significant change in exchange rates or other factors beyond its control. During the course of program operations, actual figures may vary. It should not, therefore, be used as a basis for calculation of refunds. Brandeis University reserves the right to adjust fees at any time.