Health, Wellness and Safety
Studying abroad is an academic and personally enriching experience but not one without risk and potential complications. The Office of Study Abroad and Brandeis University strives to prepare students for their time abroad and assists them as they take new steps outside of their comfort zone.
Being an informed and well resourced traveler is part of this preparation and we invite students and families to engage with this information and the staff of study abroad on any topics related to health, wellness, and safety.
Recent Health, Wellness and Safety News
- Review the U.S. State Department Travel Warning site for updates on any international travel concerns.
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for health advisories related to upcoming travel.
- First Steps
- Brandeis-Run Programs
- Approved Affiliated Programs
- Resources for Abroad
- Returning to Brandeis
- For Families
- For Faculty
- About Us
Emergency Contact Information
In the event of an emergency that affects the health and safety of a Brandeis student studying abroad:
- During normal business hours (9 a.m.-5 p.m., M-F), please contact the Office of Study Abroad at 781-736-3483.
- After normal business hours, please contact the Brandeis University Office of Public Safety at 781-736-3333 and ask to have a study abroad staff member contacted regarding the emergency.
Usdan 169, MS 073
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02453