About Summer Study Abroad
Studying abroad during the summer can be an excellent academic opportunity. A summer program is also an alternative for those who unable to study abroad during the academic year or who wish to supplement a semester or year abroad.
There are many ways to spend your summer — why not spend it in another country accomplishing academic and professional goals? You can:
- Pursue an academic internship
- Complete major/minor requirements
- Fulfill general university or core requirements
- Improve world language skills and/or fulfill global engagement requirements in that culture
- Engage with another culture
Salma Ahmed '22
While abroad, Salma immersed herself in Ghanaian culture by living at the center of Accra, learning about health care and medical practices and traveling to historical sites. During her program, she made site visits to health care practices in urban and rural settings to better understand traditional and allopathic health care approaches in the country.