Pick your favorite poster, vote now:link coming soon!
The winner will be hired as the graphic artist for this event and paid a stipend of $100.
The winning design will be reproduced on posters and flyers to be displayed around campus in the weeks prior the event, and will be adapted for the event program. The winner will be recognized in the EL2 – Experiential Learning Symposium program book, website and social media, and will adapt the poster design for flyers, emails, and the program cover.
2012 Poster Contest
Design Contest for (EL)2 2012: Experiential Learning, Engaged Learners Symposium
Got what it takes to market an event to all of Brandeis?
Want to build your graphic design portfolio?
Looking to beef up your communications, graphic design, advertising, or PR resume?
Are you a strong writer or creative designer?
If you answered yes to any of the above, the Experiential Learning Events Committee at Brandeis wants YOU to submit your design to our 2nd annual Poster Design Contest! We seek your creativity to market the fourth annual Experiential Learning Symposium – “EL2” – coming March 22, 2012. To learn more about the Experiential Learning Symposium click here.
By submitting a design, you can:
- Build upon your existing resume/portfolio
- Show off your skills to fellow Brandeisians
- Get a chance to win the Grand Prize
- Poster designs must be submitted by Monday, February 13 by 5pm for consideration.
- Please send the original file and a PDF version (if possible) of your poster to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Posters can be created in any design program, including but not limited to: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Apple Pages, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc. For your convenience, the Getz Lab in the basement of the Goldfarb Library offers computers with many design programs for student use.
- Poster design file must be 2’ x 3’ in size.
- The audience for the design will be Brandeis students, faculty and staff
- Stock photos of past (EL)2 symposiums are available upon request if required; however, these should not be the focus of your design.
- Poster design should be easily manipulated to accommodate publications on website, large posters, flyers, and small graphics.
- Students can be creative with their design and messaging, but all posters must contain the following elements:
- Correct spelling and grammar
- Brandeis Logo
- Event name: (EL)2 2012: Experiential Learning, Engaged Learners Symposium
- Event date, time, location:
- Thursday, March 22nd, 4 – 6 PM, Levin Ballroom
- 4-5pm: Plenary & Undergraduate/Faculty Pair Panel
- 5-6pm: Project & Poster Viewing
- 6-6:30Reception (open to all)
- Brief description of event (see http://www.brandeis.edu/experientiallearning/events/2012symposium.html for information to use)
- "Brandeis University" and official Brandeis seal (available for download here: http://www.brandeis.edu/communications/publications/toolbox.html
- Web address for event: www.brandeis.edu/experientiallearning
- "All students, faculty & staff and EL partners welcome. Open to the public.”
- Sponsored by The Experiential and Community-Engaged Learning Program, Office of Dean of Arts and Sciences, and The EL Events Committee
- Recycling symbol
Download sample posters from past Brandeis programs.
Voting & Winner Selection:
The Brandeis community will be able to cast their vote online for their favorite designs shortly after the submission deadline so tell your friends to vote for you!
The winner will be selected by Experiential Learning staff based on the number of votes and the following criteria:
1. Graphic design
3. Overall Marketing Appeal
The winner will be announced by February 22, 2012. Prize information is located in the right sidebar --->!