Though you do not need a business degree to get your foot in the door at leading firms such as McKinsey, Bain, Goldman & JPMorgan, you do need to be extremely well informed about the field of finance. If you are interested in pursuing a full-time or summer position in finance starting in summer 2009, we encourage you to submit your résumé to the Finance Resume Book.
If you are interested in having your resume considered for the finance resume book you must meet meet with, and have your resume reviewed and approved by at Hiatt Career in advance of the submission deadlines. Please know that resume book requirements are set by the firms recruiting for these positions.
Date Range for Resume Collection
- Seniors: May 2008 - June 2008; resume submission deadline is August 1.
- Juniors and Sophomores: September 2008 - November 2008; resumes submission deadline is November 24.
Final resume books will be distributed to several leading finance employers who have expressed an interest in recruiting Brandeis students.
Who can participate?
This collection is intended for seniors, juniors and sophomores seeking full-time employment or summer internships as an analyst at top firms firms who meet the requirements of said firms.
The Hiatt Career Center reserves the right to exclude any resumes submitted that do not meet the quality criteria demanded by finance firms.
How to Submit Your Resume
- Draft your finance resume.
- Schedule a time for a Hiatt counselor to review your initial resume.
- Schedule a time, in person or over the telephone to have your final resume reviewed and submitted to the finance resume book, if it meets the quality standards.
- Contact Hiatt with any questions.
How the process works
- Resumes will be sent to finance employers. You will hear from the employers directly about their next steps. Most employers will contact you in late August or early September for full-time positions and early January for internships, but it is possible that you will be contacted earlier, so please monitor your email over summer break and begin preparing for the interview process immediately.
- IMPORTANT: You must officially apply via the company web site as well as participate in the resume collection to be considered an official candidate. Employers use the resume books to identify strong candidates that submit through the resume portal.
- If you have not worked with a Hiatt counselor on your finance or consulting resume, it is important that you have your resume reviewed by a Hiatt professional, even if you have already submitted your resume to past resume collections.