Summer Institute for Israel Studies
The Summer Institute for Israel Studies has trained 250 college and university faculty members to develop courses in Israel Studies. Recent participants teach history, international relations, film, Jewish studies, religion, law, anthropology, linguistics, and security studies.
Competitive fellowships are open to faculty members in the humanities and social sciences.
Applications are due January 20, 2016.
June 14 - 26, 2016 Seminar at Brandeis
June 27 - July 6, 2016 Israel Study Tour
- Stipend of up to $2,500 offered for the full program; $1,500 for the Brandeis seminar only
- Travel (within North America and to Israel), accommodations, and most meals covered
- World-class faculty from Israel and the U.S. teach Brandeis seminar
- Leading personalities in public life, the academy, and the arts meet with group in Israel
- Create a syllabus and leave equipped to teach a new course in any discipline
- Join a network of 250 faculty members — teaching at nearly 200 institutions worldwide — supported by a wealth of pedagogical resources and continuing professional development
Please click on the links below or at your left to find out more about the program.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
The Summer Institute for Israel Studies is generously supported by the Jim Joseph Foundation, the Israel Institute, and other donors, and is organized in cooperation with the American Jewish Committee.