Applying to the Summer Institute for Israel Studies
Applications are due by January 21st. Notifications will be made by the end of February or beginning of March.
Please click here to submit your application online, after reviewing the following instructions:
1. Fill in the online application form.
2. Have two letters of recommendations sent to us. One should be from your department chair or a senior administrator describing your home institution’s interest in developing a new course in Israel Studies. These may be emailed as a PDF to email@example.com.
3. On the online form, please enter the names of your recommenders.
4. Upload a current Curriculum Vitae.
5. Upload a personal statement explaining your background and interest in Israel Studies, your plans for introducing an Israel Studies course at your home institution, and your expectations from participation in the Institute.
6. Upload one sample syllabus of a related course you have taught. A second syllabus is optional.
Kindly have the two letters of support sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If email is not available, have your recommenders use the following postal address: Schusterman Center for Israel Studies, Summer Institute for Israel Studies, Brandeis University MS 060, 415 South St., Waltham, MA 02454.
If you are having difficulty using the online application, kindly contact Keren Goodblatt at email@example.com, 781-736-7310.