In the News
Schusterman Series book "likely to be read for years to come" in Daily Forward and other reviews.
Q&A with Richard Cohen
Author of "Israel: Is it Good for the Jews?"
Thursday, November 20
5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
Rapaporte Treasure Hall, Goldfarb Library
Free and open to the public. Refreshments served.
Books available for purchase.
Join Shai Feldman and Ilan Troen for a "Davos-style" discussion with Richard Cohen about his new book Israel: Is it Good for the Jews? Richard Cohen is a nationally syndicated columnist for the Washington Post, where he has covered national politics and foreign affairs since 1976. Shai Feldman is Judith and Sidney Swartz Director of the Crown Center and Professor of Politics. Ilan Troen is Stoll Family Chair in Israel Studies and Director of the Schusterman Center for Israel Studies.
June 15-29, 2015 Seminar at Brandeis
June 30-July 9, 2015 Israel Study Tour
Competitive fellowships open to faculty members in the humanities and social sciences.
Applications due by January 20, 2015.
- Stipend of up to $2500, travel (from North America), accommodations and meals included
- Engage with world-class faculty from Israel and the U.S.
- Meet with leading personalities in public life, the academy, and the arts in Israel
- Create a syllabus and leave equipped to teach a new course in your discipline
- Join a community of over 225 scholars - teaching at nearly 200 institutions worldwide - supported by a wealth of pedagogical resources, ongoing professional development and networking opportunities
Israeli Stage presents staged readings and full productions of Israeli plays in English, under the artistic direction of Emerson College alumnus, Guy Ben-Aharon. Click here for details of its 2014-2015 season.
For other Israel-related events in the Boston area, visit the Israeli Consulate website.