In the News
Schusterman Series book "likely to be read for years to come" in Daily Forward and other reviews.
Ben-Gurion: Father of Modern Israel
Lecture & Book-signing by Professor Anita Shapira
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Reading Room, third floor
Mandel Center for the Humanities
Open to the public. Refreshments served.
Anita Shapira is professor emerita in Jewish History and founder of the Yitzhak Rabin Center for Israel Studies at Tel Aviv University. Her reflections on her book "Ben-Gurion: Father of Modern Israel" will be preceded by opening remarks from Ilan Troen, Stoll Family Chair in Israel Studies and Director of the Schusterman Center. There will be Q&A with the audience and book-signing following. More...
June 15-29, 2015 Seminar at Brandeis
June 30-July 9, 2015 Israel Study Tour
Competitive fellowships open to faculty members in the humanities and social sciences.
Applications due by January 20, 2015.
- Stipend of up to $2500, travel (from North America), accommodations and meals included
- Engage with world-class faculty from Israel and the U.S.
- Meet with leading personalities in public life, the academy, and the arts in Israel
- Create a syllabus and leave equipped to teach a new course in your discipline
- Join a community of over 225 scholars - teaching at nearly 200 institutions worldwide - supported by a wealth of pedagogical resources, ongoing professional development and networking opportunities
Israeli Stage presents staged readings and full productions of Israeli plays in English, under the artistic direction of Emerson College alumnus, Guy Ben-Aharon. Click here for details of its 2014-2015 season.
For other Israel-related events in the Boston area, visit the Israeli Consulate website.