Transfer SEVIS Record to Brandeis

Students requesting to transfer their F-1 student SEVIS record from a previous school (or from OPT/Academic Training) to Brandeis University should review the SEVIS Transfer-In for F-1 Visa Holders (PDF) information to confirm eligibility.

Documents Required to request a Transfer of your current F-1 or J-1 student visa status to Brandeis University:

  • Complete the top portion of the appropriate Transfer-In Form.  Transfer-In Forms are located on the right side of this page.
  • Once you have completed the top portion of your Transfer-In Form, please provide this form to the International Student Advisor (A/RO or P/DSO) at your previous/current institution and request your record be transferred to Brandeis.
  • Your International Student Advisor will then need to complete the remainder of the Transfer-In Form, return it to Brandeis per the instructions on the form and then transfer your SEVIS record to Brandeis.
  • Fill out and submit the appropriate VIDOF
  • Submit a copy of your valid passport (include the Photo ID page and expiration page)  

Transfer-In Forms and all Required Documents should be returned to the Office of Admissions address listed on the bottom of the transfer-in form.