With its large population of Jewish students, Brandeis provides a unique opportunity for Jewish-German Dialogue.
Faculty, staff and students are often joined by guests from the broader community to discuss wide-ranging topics, from the family stories behind the Berlin Holocaust memorial to the renaissance of Jewish life in unified Germany.
Important speakers who have joined the dialogue include:
- Former Israeli Ambassador to Germany Avi Primor.
- German-Jewish historian Julius Schoeps.
- Rabbi Bea Wyler, the first woman rabbi in post-war Germany.
- Rena Finder (who was on “Schindler’s List”).
- Auschwitz survivor Ruth Gutmann-Herskovitz.