2020 Metropolitan Chicago Jewish Population Study
This comprehensive study of the Jewish population of Metropolitan Chicago, sponsored by the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago (JUF), was conducted with NORC at the University of Chicago.
This study provides reliable and valid data to promote an understanding of the community and to aid strategic planning, program development, and policies to support and enhance Jewish life.
Specifically, the study:
- Estimates the number of Jewish adults and children in the community and the number of non-Jewish adults and children who are part of those households
- Describes the community in terms of age and gender, geographic distribution, and other
- Describes health and economic conditions and vulnerabilities
- Measures participation in community programs, Jewish institutions, along with reasons for
participation and barriers to increased participation
- Understands the multifaceted cultural, communal, and religious expressions of Judaism that
constitute Jewish engagement
- Assesses attitudes toward Jewish life and Israel