Interdepartmental Inquiry Combined With Multicultural Exploration
The Film, Television and Interactive Media program focuses on analysis of film style and content, film history, the relationships between cinema and culture, and the creative aspects of film production.
The program curriculum is designed to provide a broad overview of the history of the moving image, develop expertise in cinematic style and cultural meaning, lend theoretical sophistication to an understanding of the moving image, and ensure some appreciation of the practical and technical side of motion picture production.
You will develop an awareness of cinema as a complex narrative form and as an art. We want you to learn the rhetorical and syntactical conventions of moving images and how this language has developed historically. We help you master film, television and interactive media from both the theoretical and practical perspectives.
Margaret Scheinman Prizes in Film - 2022 Recipients
First Prize, Short Film Category: Emily Riordan, "A Question Left Unanswered (A Film Left Unfinished)"
First Prize, Screenplay Category: Rafi Levi, "Chance of a Lifetime"
Runner up, Short Film Category: Caelan Gadwah-Meaden, "He Is Everything"
Runner up, Short Film Category: Muhammad Mulyono, "Nashoba EMS"
Margaret Scheinman Prizes in Film - Past Winners
- First Prize, Short Film Category: Casey Schryer, "Were We Awake"
- First Prize, Screenplay Category: Mendel Weintraub, "Sanctification"
- Runner up, Short Film Category: Peirce Robinson, "The Old Sh*t Show"
- Runner up, Short Film Category: Yao Wen, "Character-Design Inc."
- First Prize: Caelan Michael Gadwah-Meaden, "A Reverie's End"
- Runner up: Samuel Timothy Ho, "From Jad"
- Runner up: Jonah David Koslofsky, "Cut Your Teeth"
- Runner up: Lucia Wright Pugh-Sellers, "Stories from COVID19"
- First Prize: Mennen Zawditu Gordon, "On Jobs"
- Runner up: Elizabeth Cayouette-Gluckman, "Strong is Beautiful"