Form Your Own Organization
If you are interested in forming your own recognized organization, complete the steps below to prepare your documents for submission on the Presence App.
Prior to beginning the application, please read our Graduate Student Organizations Application Guide and familiarize yourself with the hazing policy for clubs and organizations at Brandeis University. The guide will explain how to:
- Create a draft constitution.
- Obtain member signatures (accessible pdf).
- Create a yearlong plan outline.
Note: You will be required to upload all three of these documents to the online application as well as attest that you have read the hazing policy.
Application for Organization Recognition via Presence App
- Complete the About and Mission sections. In the About section, you can add in photos of officers or other content.
- Select the Category for your club. You may select more than one category that matches your organization but you MUST select Graduate Student Clubs as one of the choices. Generally, no more than two choices should be made.
- Select Club Standing. You will only select one choice: Graduate Student Organization.
- Upload Your Constitution. Each club should upload their constitution. If you do not have one, please reach out to Steven Weglinski; weglinski@brandeis.
edu if you would like additional assistance. You can view a draft constitution for an example.
- Rosters. You are required to list at least 3 people on your roster with one being the president of your club.
- Campus Reservations Representative. You will need to select at least one person who can make reservations on behalf of your club.
- Click Submit. Your submission will be reviewed before being approved.