If you're interested in honing your study skills, or are part of a group that would like to provide its members with this opportunity, consider requesting a WEB workshop.
How to Prepare for a BUGS Session
Your BUGS session will be most beneficial if you have prepared ahead of time and have a good idea of what you would like to go over. To get the most out of your time, try to do as much as possible of the following beforehand:
- Do your homework, including attempting parts that appear most difficult;
- Review all related material in your textbook(s) and
- Make a list of questions - try to be specific;
- Prioritize your questions in case you are not able to get to everything in one session;
- Think about how you study for this class so you can talk over additional strategies with your BUGS Leader.
Please note that BUGS is intended as a supplement to class attendance, course assignments, and meeting with your instructor and/or TA.