Food for Thought
You’re out in your personal life, but not at work and unfortunately this is commonplace as a leader in the business world. According to a 2014 study conducted by the advocacy group the Human Rights Campaign, 53% of LGBT employees in the U.S. are closeted at work, and in terms of leadership, there are only a few openly gay executives and CEO’s. Read more.
Career Field Research
- Diversity Inc – The 2008 Top 10 companies for LGBT employees.
- Human Rights Campaign (Workplace) - Informative resources on non-discrimination policies, benefits and other workplace issues for LGBT employees. Also see their State Maps for laws and policies by state (including 2015 Supreme Court ruling).
Career Search Resources
- Gay and Lesbian Careers – Search job listings by location and area of interest.
- Pro Gay Jobs – Upload your resume, search job postings by location and interest, also receive emails with newly posted jobs that match your personalized criteria.
- Workplace Diversity – Search job listings by area of interest and location
Diversity Inc Careers – Search diversity friendly jobs by area of interest and location.
- Simply Hired – Search GLBT friendly jobs by category and location.
- Hire Diversity – Search for jobs and internships, also career information and resources.
- Affirmative Action Register – Search for jobs by location, career field or employer.