Food for Thought
Rights in the Workplace
- Human Rights Campaign's Worknet: The HRC has a page devoted to workplace issues and resources, including employer benefits, diversity programs, and information on equal opportunity employers. Check out the Corporate Equality index, ranking employers based on their policies and practices related to the LGBT community.
- Out and Equal Workplace Advocates: National organization devoted to the LGBT community in the workplace to end employment discrimination.
- Transgender Law & Policy Institute: The TLPI brings experts and advocates together to work on law and policy initiatives designed to advance transgender equality.
- Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition: Employment resources and guidelines specific to MA.
Job Search and Career-Related Resources
- Federal Globe: GLBT employees of the Federal government.
- LGBT Career Link: Find jobs, learn about employment at diversity-friendly companies and research careers by networking with your LGBT and allied colleagues.
- Mass Equality: Mass equality is a Massachusetts organization that has resources and contacts to help locate LGBTQ friendly employers.
- ProGayJobs.com: An organization dedicated exclusively to the employment needs of the GLBT professional workforce, with a job search engine for GLBT-friendly companies.
- Reaching Out MBA Conference: The Reaching Out LGBT MBA Conference provides future LGBT leaders from around the world the opportunity to network, learn, and improve their skills so they will emerge stronger and more confident in the business world. Leading businesses partner with the conference to show support for the LGBT community and recruit top level talent.
- Transgender Employment Links: A collection of resources about transitioning on the job and other issues transgender employees and their employers may face from the Center for Gender Sanity.
- Out For Undergrad: Out For Undergrad grew out of the success of the Reaching Out MBA Conference. This group hosts two annual conferences, one for the business sector and one for the technology sector, and also sponsors a leadership summit for promising members of the LGBT community.
- Out For Work: Out for Work prepares LGBT college students for work as they transition from college to the workplace by providing students with advice and other opportunities.
- Out Professionals: Out Professionals is a job search and networking website including a directory of businesses, women’s network, LGBT events and links, and volunteer opportunities.
- Human Rights Campaign: Resources on everything from coming out to addressing workplace discrimination.
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce: An organization promoting the LGBT community in the area of business
Over 500 LGBTQ-Related LinkedIn Groups including: