Communications & Journalism
Career Field Research
- Advertisng Educational Foundation (AEF) - A foundation that works to enrish the understanding of advertising and its role in culture, society and the economy. See their "So You Wanna Work in Advertising... intro infographic."
- American Society of Journalists and Authors – A resource to help writers establish their writing careers and provides candid advice on writing topics such as rates, contracts, editors and more.
- Center for Communication - Job Fairs and seminars in various communication fields.
- National Association of Broadcasters – Resources for careers in broadcasting related industries, events, networking and current trends in the industry.
- National Writers Union – Resources for writers, advice and events around the country.
Internships and Summer Opportunities
Magazine Publishers of America – Offers internships in the magazine industry, including some prestigious, well-paid positions. Note: Deadline for many of these internships is in the Fall.
TV Job Internships – Lets you find an internship in television, browse by station, broadcasting group, show, cable, etc.
- National Association of Black Journalists – Is dedicated to expanding job opportunities for African-American journalists and students and annually awards summer internships to students committed to journalism careers.
Full-Time Jobs and Internships
- American Association of Advertising Agencies – browse job listings, learn about conferences and other resources.
- American Journalism Review - Newspaper, Magazine, Radio/TV resources.
- American Advertising Federation – Browse internship and opportunities, higher education programs and other resources for a job in Advertising.
- Adweek – Search for jobs across the country and read the latest news in the Advertising market.
- Associated Press - Click on Career Opportunities bottom right and browse listings.
- GraphicDesignJobs.org - GraphicDesignJobs.org is a job search engine that finds job listings from company career pages, other job boards, newspapers and associations.
- Journalism Jobs – Is the largest and most-visited resource for media jobs. It has a good variety of jobs, and a large database of resumes for journalists.
- BookJobs.com - A new initiative from the book publishing industry, search jobs and internships.
- Media Bistro – Search jobs across the country in various media outlets, also read about current topics.
- Public Relations Society of America – Browse events, job postings, read about current trends in PR.
- WorkinPR.com – Search jobs across the country in public relations, research the industry and browse PR events.