Career Field Research
- American Association for Employment in Education – Resources for educational job seekers such as publications, research and networking tools.
National Center for Educational Statistics – Search for Public and Private Institutions by city and state to find statistics about schools you are interested in.
U.S. Department of Education – News, Hot Topics, Research and other resources regarding US Education.
- National Education Association – Resources from the NEA, including job information.
Spotlight on Careers: Teaching- Public School – Overview of certification, trends and outlooks, job searching strategies, links to graduate school and special programs and external links to professional organizations.
- Spotlight on Careers: Teaching- Private School – Career information regarding non-public education, boarding schools, independent schools, how to prepare for the job search, and the search process.
Spotlight on Careers: Teaching Overseas – Profiles different types of International Teaching jobs, educational links, teaching abroad programs and organizations and professional organizations.
Spotlight on Careers: Higher Education – Links to professional organizations, Job posting sites and graduate school programs.
Full-Time Jobs and Internships
- National Association for Independent Schools – Search for jobs, find local schools, and get information on teaching in independent schools.
Teach for America – Teach for America corps members are a diverse group of talented recent college graduates and professionals who possess the leadership skills needed to make a real impact over the short- and long- term.
- Massachusetts Educators Career Center - From the Mass Department of Education, job searches, professional development and more.
- New Teachers Collaborative – Learn to teach in schools where kids are learning to think
MERC – Education Job Fair (recruiters from schools nationwide in Boston)
U.S. Charter Schools – Various resources for researching charter schools across the United States, including links to government sites, profiles of schools and job postings.
K-12 Jobs – A nationwide job searching site for education positions in K-12.
National Association of Independent Schools – Offers information about working at an independent school, articles on putting your best career foot forward, a listing of teacher search firms, and a listing of available jobs.
Teachers at Work – A nation-wide electronic employment service for teachers through the National Educators Employment Network. Post your resume and search job postings nation-wide.
Knowledge is Power Program (KIPP) – The KIPP: Knowledge Is Power Program is committed to providing students in educationally under-served areas with a high quality college preparatory education. There are 48 open enrollment (KIPP) schools in 17 states throughout the United States. Search for and apply to KIPP schools around the country.
Teachers-Teachers.com – A National Education Association sponsored job searching site where you can sort through job postings, email your applications or post your resume.
MATCH School – Recent college graduates make a yearlong commitment to public service in exchange for a modest stipend and housing. Each Corps member is assigned four urban high school students, one each in grades 9, 10, 11, and 12, to build an in-depth relationship for the entire year.
- Teach NYC – Resources and Job searching in the nation’s largest school district. Information about schools, locations, types of jobs and other recourses for NYC public schools can be found here.
- Teach Abroad.com – search international teaching opportunities.
- World Teach – An organization based through the Center for International Development at Harvard University that provides volunteer teachers in developing countries.
- JET (The Japanese Exchange and Teaching program) – JET aims to enhance foreign language education in Japan and promote international exchange at the local level through fostering ties between Japanese youth and foreign youth.
- American Language Online – Listing of ESL and other language jobs across the country, sorted by state.
- Global Routes – Global Routes gives volunteers the opportunity to teach in a primary or secondary school of a remote rural village, live with a host family in a simple traditional home, and delve into the natural flow and rhythm of daily village life.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education – The site for a print publication with information about higher education, including job openings. Some openings are online for free, but you must subscribe to the paper for full access.
HigherEdjobs.com – A database of education related positions as posted by the institutions themselves. Search by institution type, state, position or job area/department.
- The Academic Position Network – A database with a job search engine to find a job in Higher Education.
- Academic 360 – A meta-collection of Internet resources that have been gathered for the academic job hunter. It includes links to faculty, staff, and administrative announcements and is not restricted to teaching positions.
- Academic Careers Online – You can search career opportunities in education and academia. Academic Careers Online includes faculty, research, post doc, adjunct, administrative, and senior management positions at colleges, universities, and research institutes around the world.
- NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education – A National organization for student affairs administrators in higher education, includes links to resources, job information and hot topics in higher education.
- ACPA: College Student Educators International – The leading comprehensive student affairs association that advances student affairs and engages students for a lifetime of learning and discovery.
- ACPA: Job Postings – An external list of websites for national job searching which also includes a list of professional organizations by area of interest.