Environmental and Outdoors
Career Field Research
- Outdoor/Environmental Careers Guide, produced by Princeton University. – This site includes helpful information about finding a career in the outdoors, what kind of environmental job would suit you and other great environmental resources.
- Eco.org – provides information on environmental products, includes job listings, and also allows for forum discussions on a variety of environmental topics.
- O*NET Resource Center – The National Center for O*NET Development, as part of its efforts to keep up with the changing world of work, investigated the impact of green economy activities and technologies on occupational requirements and the development of New and Emerging (N&E) occupations.
Internships and Summer Opportunities
- Earthnotes – Is the Environmental Studies Program site with valuable resources, including many internships.
- Camp Channel & Jolt Camps - If you want to work at a summer camp, check out the listings here. Browse through the listings or search by position (arts and crafts instructor, director, etc.), and type of camp (residential, day camp).
- Cool Works offers internships in wild and exotic places. Locations include: cruises, beaches, mountain ranges, and ranches. Recommended for adventurous students who want a job in a remote or natural setting. 75,000 open positions for summer and/or winter jobs.
- Environmental Careers Organization has listings of paid and unpaid internships, organized by geographic region in the U.S.
- The Back Door Guide to Short Term Job Adventures has unique resources on exciting national and international opportunities.
Full-Time Jobs and Internships
- eJobs.org - Environmental Jobs and Careers
- ecojobs.com - Environmental Career Opportunities. Hiatt Career Center subscribes to the on-line version of Environmental Career Opportunities which lists current opportunities. The password and user name change every month. If you would like to access these listings, please contact Hiatt.
- EnviroNetwork - Environmentally-friendly jobs from a wide range of job categories such as marine biology, environmental engineering, and natural resource conservation.
- Orion Grassroots Network – Connecting students and professionals with cutting-edge environmental and social change work, the Internship & Career Service advertises internships, jobs, apprenticeships, and Americorps opportunities available with members of the Orion Grassroots Network.
- Park Service Jobs – Listing of park jobs across the country, in various fields and states.
- Sustainable Business - provides global news and networking services to help green business grow, covering all sectors: renewable energy, green building, sustainable investing, and organics. You can click through different tabs (for example, networking events), but for jobs click on "Green Dream Jobs."
- HomePower Magazine - besides providing ideas for green home improvement, the magazine offers job opportunities.
- Sustain Jobs - bills itself as the leading global site for sustainability, climate change, and renewable energy jobs.
- Idealist - is the largest site for non-profit jobs and internships.
- Green jobs - a variety of job listings and events.
- USA jobs - offers job listings with the federal government.