Travel, Visa & Safety Resources
Health and Safety
International Search Resources
General Resources & Listings
Industry-Specific Resources & Listings
- The Directory of American Firms Operating in Foreign Countries and the Directory of Foreign Firms with Representation in the United States are invaluable research books to find businesses in your host country and enterprises from your home country abroad—available in Goldfarb Library.
- Federation of International Trade Associations offers links to a wide range of useful directories of international businesses.
- U.S. Chambers of Commerce international pages have information about members, trade and business issues around the world.
English as a Second Language
Government and Policy
Programs and Organizations
- AIESEC is an international organization of students with global interests.
- American Friends Service Committee offers service, development, social justice and peace programs worldwide.
- American Jewish World Service has summer volunteer opportunities in South Asia, Central America and Africa.
- The Carter Center provides information on careers and internships with the Center.
- The Center for Economic and Policy Research has jobs and internship announcements.
- Clinton Global Initiative provides worldwide information about people and organizations working in education, energy and climate change, global health and poverty alleviation; see especially Member Commitments, Resources Centers and Newsroom.
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) has training opportunities in the U.S. and abroad.
- Earthwatch Institute expeditions combine scientific research and public participation around the world.
- The Ethics Center at Brandeis offers a by-country list of global organizations for the public good; the list is meant to expand, not limit, students’ potential options for work sites.
- Habitat for Humanity International’s website lists volunteer and full-time positions worldwide.
- Hole in the Wall Camps is a philanthropic project begun by actor Paul Newman for children with serious illnesses.
- IAESTE provides worldwide training opportunities in technical fields such as engineering, science, computer technology, mathematics, agriculture and architectural and media studies.
- International Labour Organization (ILO) is "devoted to advancing opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive work in conditions of freedom, equity, security, and human dignity." Internships are available for undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate students.
- Microfinance Gateway contains a directory of organizations that provide or support microfinance and microcredit initiatives around the world, as well as news, policy, training, and events.
- The Peace Corps is an international service program.
- ReliefWeb provides a wide range of invaluable information directed toward the humanitarian aid sector.
- Right to Play manages projects in a number of countries that assist children through sport and athletics.
- United Nations has employment announcements.
- United Nations Civil Service Commission provides a listing of U.N. agencies and links to their jobs and internships.
- Volunteers for Peace arranges short-term international volunteer experiences on local projects.
- World Teach offers teaching programs in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Pacific region for a summer or one-year commitment.
- African Development Bank's "mission is to help reduce poverty, improve living conditions for Africans and mobilize resourcs for the continent's economic and social development." The Internship Program is designed for master's level students.
- American-Scandinavian Foundation provides work placements in Scandinavia for students.
- Amigos de las Americas has projects in community health and development throughout Latin America.
- British Council provides work experiences, including a program to teach in England.
- CDS, International has internships in Germany, Argentina, Spain and Switzerland.
- DAAD, the German Academic Exchange Service, offers internships in Germany.
- European Union Traineeships are available—be sure to read the Rules section to determine eligibility.
- The French-American Chamber of Commerce offers internship opportunities in France.
- The French Embassy Cultural Services offers an internship program in France.
- International Partnerships for Service Learning and Leadership has projects in 14 nations, including Czech Republic, Ecuador, France, India, Israel and Thailand.
- Institut Pasteur provides work and internships in science research.
- Look into the JET Program if you are interested in teaching in Japanese schools.
- Operation Crossroads Africa does volunteer work on development projects in countries throughout the African continent.
- Spanish Government North American Language and Culture Assistants Program selects "cultural ambassadors" to work in Spain's K-12 public school system.
- The United Nations offers internship opportunities in UNITAR’s Multilateral Diplomacy Section in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The United Nations also provides a list of links to UN organizations and specialized agencies that sponsor internships.
- USAJobs is the official U.S. government jobs Web site.
- The U.S. Department of State provides information about careers in U.S. Foreign Service.
- U.S. Dept of State Student Programs provide experience in a range of government agencies.
- VEGlobal offers volunteer work on projects with children in schools, community centers and orphanages in Chile.