INTERNSHIP CREDIT GUIDELINES
In order to be eligible for an internship course, an internship must
-Last 100 hours over 10 weeks (fall/spring) or 6 weeks during the summer
-Have faculty approval before internship begins
-Be paid or unpaid
-Have a rigorous academic component (designed by a faculty)
-Not be used for multiple internship courses
Independent Internship 92a/b
- Offered by many Majors/Minors
- You will find an internship opportunity and then find a faculty sponsor who will agree to enroll you in a 92 course and guide your 4-credit, academic experience outside of the internship experience.
|Internship Course:||92a/b Independent Internship & Analysis
||Usually in fall and spring, occasionally in summer
||10 hr/week Internship concurrent with one-on-one with faculty supervision
|Varying; decided upon by faculty
||Contacting Internship Coordinator, UAH or faculty member
|Enrollment:||92a/b Add Form|
- You will create a learning agreement with your faculty and a set of academic assignments to accomplish the established learning goals.
- You should meet with the faculty supervisor at least every other week to discuss academic progress. Examples of assignments include ongoing journals, selected readings, large papers, presentations, research, annotated bibliographies.
- Opportunities for independent internships vary from department to department so be sure to check the department for the correct contact person who will be able to direct you to appropriate faculty members.
With 92a/b, the internship experience and the credit do not have to happen concurrently.
- For example, it is spring and you have already secured an internship for the summer. You can agree to work together with a faculty member in the fall upon completion of your summer internship.
- Before you leave for your summer internship, you would enroll in a 92a/b Independent Internship & Analysis for the fall.
- You then complete the internship in the summer, and when you return to campus in the fall, you would work with the faculty member on an agreed academic component. Credit will be received the internship upon completion of the academic component.
Academic Programs that have offered a 92a/b Independent Internship and Analysis Course at some point: