Application Process and Deadlines
The JBS admissions committee strives to accept students who will be the best-possible match for the program. Students must be in good academic standing and meet the necessary prerequisites outlined by the specific JBS program. Many of the JBS programs do not have any prerequisites.
Students will be evaluated on the quality of their application and should demonstrate their motivation and commitment. All students who meet the program criteria are encouraged to apply!
If you have any questions about the application at any point, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Study Abroad.
Summer and Fall 2013 Application Deadlines
March 15, 2013!
Applications must be submitted on-line by NOON on the stated deadline.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling admissions basis until the closing deadline.
Students are encouraged to apply well before the admissions deadline. Qualified applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis so applying early is to everyone's advantage. Provided spaces are still available, applications will be reviewed up until the deadline. The JBS website will contain information in the event that a particular JBS program reaches student capacity before the admissions deadline.
Summer and Fall 2013 Application Overview
- Application Questionnaire:
- Application Statement for JBS
- Emergency Contact
- Material Submissions:
- JBS Student Financial Services Signature (when applicable)
- Signature Documents:
- Application Photo
- JBS Statement of Agreement
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Informal Interview:
- One informal interview with the respective faculty member. Students will be contacted to schedule an interview once their application is complete.
Application Decision Notification
The application will be read by the JBS admissions committee within a few weeks of receipt of the complete application. The student will receive an admissions decision soon after the application is reviewed.
To Access the JBS Application
1. Do a search for your program in the Brandeis Study Abroad database.
2. Access the Brandeis application by clicking on the "Apply Now" tab on the program description page.
3. After you sign in, you will be prompted to fill out required demographic information before you can proceed with the application
4. Make sure that all of the application's components are completed and submitted by the deadline (see above). If you have questions about the application process, contact the Office of Study Abroad. You will have fulfilled the necessary responsibilities and your application will be considered complete after all components of the application have been checked as received. Your application will be marked as "under review" after the office has proofed your materials and your application is ready for review.
Students who are not enrolled at Brandeis will need to send the following information to the Office of Study Abroad in order to gain access to the application:
Name (First, Last):