781-536-7363 | Request Info
Mobile Menu

Academic Grievance and Complaint Procedure

Any student who feels they have a grievance with faculty regarding an academic matter, including dissatisfaction with grades or grading procedures, should contact the faculty member within 10 business days after the grade in question is made available in Sage or LATTE. If such a meeting results in a mutually acceptable solution, then the matter shall be considered closed. If either party wishes to have a written statement of the outcome, the parties should put the solution in writing, sign it and each retain a copy. 

If the academic grievance is unresolved or the complaint is of a non-academic nature, the student may proceed with the following steps:

  1. The student must initiate the grievance and/or complaint procedure by submitting a formal written statement within 10 business days utilizing the Academic Grievance and Complaint Form. The written statement must specify the nature of the complaint and the remedy desired. The Director of Student Services will oversee the resolution of the matter within 14 days from submission of the written complaint.
  2. The written complaint will be reviewed by the Program Chair and Director of Faculty Operations.
  3. Once a decision is reached, the student will be notified in writing via email from the Director of Student Services.
  4. The student may appeal the decision, in writing, to the Vice President of the Rabb School within 14 business days of the decision. The appeal should specify why the proposed solution is not acceptable. The Vice President’s decision is final.

Massachusetts Residents’ Student Complaint Procedure

Students must attempt to resolve the issue at the institutional level. If the matter is not resolved at the institution level, Massachusetts residents may seek to file a formal complaint via the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education’s (Mass DHE) online form.

For questions or additional information, the Mass DHE may be contacted at:

Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
One Ashburton Place, Room 1401
Boston, MA 02108

For additional Mass DHE student complaint process information please refer to: www.mass.edu/forstufam/complaints/complaints.asp

Non-Massachusetts Residents’ Student Complaint Procedure

Students must attempt to resolve the issue at the institutional level. If the matter is not resolved at the institution level, Non-Massachusetts residents that are located in NC-SARA member states may seek to file a formal complaint with the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education using the NC-SARA Complaint Procedure Process and form.

Students located in California may submit complaints to:

California Department of Consumer Affairs
Consumer Information Center
1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N-112
Sacramento, California 95834  

Helpful Links:

Tuition Information
Refund Policy
Academic Integrity
GPS Student Handbook
List of State Agencies (PDF)

Learn More

View upcoming events

View our events calendar for the latest list of upcoming online admissions chats, webinars and other opportunities to get to know GPS programs, faculty and staff.

Get Advice

Brandeis GPS is committed to giving you the support you need to succeed. From the moment you begin the application process to the day you graduate and beyond, our advising team is here to support you. Talk to an enrollment advisor today.

Online Learning

Learn more about our unique approach to online learning and what makes a Brandeis GPS education so engaging.