Are you a graduate student looking to host or organize an academic or social event open to other graduate students at Brandeis?
All graduate students may request funding from the GSA Student Initiatives Fund, which is derived from graduate student activities fees. Most requests will be reviewed within 1-3 business days; larger requests, including those that require a vote of the GSA Executive Committee and Senate, may take up to one month to process, but are likely to be resolved sooner.
Guidelines for Funding
- Funding requests may be submitted by graduate student organizations recognized by the Graduate Student Association.
- To be recognized by the GSA, organizations must be registered to Presence. Please contact the GSA at brandeisgsa@/brandeis.edu for questions or assistance with this process.
- Funding requests may be submitted by individual students not officially affiliated with a graduate student organization.
- While not required, the preference is that GSA funded initiatives are open to all graduate students.
- Wherever possible, requests should include appropriate group/board members of organizations in decision-making and financial matters.
- Organization funds must be allocated without unfairly favoring any member or members. All members should be given a fair and equal chance to participate in events.
- If, following approval for funding, an individual or organization fails to meet any of the aforementioned rules, the GSA Executive Committee has the right to rescind or cancel approved funding for that semester.
Funds are set aside annually for graduate student initiatives and are distributed in a fair and impartial manner. Requests that have a high-benefit/low-cost ratio are generally looked upon most favorably. Requests of more than $100 must be approved by the GSA Executive Committee.
Every effort will be made to support all requests. This may include partnership with the Office of Graduate Affairs, or other offices related to specific requests.