Continuation Request Form Sample Questions
The Continuation Request Form is similar to the Initial Protocol in that it is an interactive form with built-in logic. That means that the answers to some questions will reveal other questions. Only the questions that need to be answered for your specific research protocol will be visible to you. Please provide complete and detailed answers to every question that you see.
Below is a preview of the questions on the Continuation Request Form, organized by section of the form. Many of the conditional questions can be seen here, even if you may not see them when you are working on your submission.
Please choose the following from the drop down menus:
- PI Last Name
- Protocol Number "Protocol Title"
The combination of these two pieces of information will direct our system to autofill fields with project details, such as the PI's full name and department, the supervised researcher's full name and status (if there is a supervised researcher), and the funding status of the project, that you won't see on the form as you fill it out. These fields will appear on the resulting PDF that will be produced for your records and our review.
- The original protocol involved no data collection, only data analysis.
- How many subjects were originally approved for inclusion in this study?
- How many subjects are currently approved for inclusion in this study?
- How many subjects do you still plan to enroll?
- How many subjects have refused to participate at time of screening/informed consent?
- How many subjects have withdrawn from the study after informed consent was given?
- Subjects are being recruited or will be recruited.
- Subject recruitment is complete; data collection will continue.
- Subject recruitment and data collection are complete; data analysis will continue.
- Since the last review period, have there been any complications, reactions, or adverse effects on human subjects?
- Please describe.
- Since the last review period, have there been any changes in the literature that would affect this project?
- Please discuss.
- Since the last review period, have there been any modifications made to your study protocol (without prior IRB approval)?
- Please describe.
- Are you making any modifications to your protocol at this time?
Please fill out a Modification Request Form.
- Please list all active research personnel involved in this project, including all faculty, staff, and students.
- About the HRPP: The Basics
- Student Researchers
- Working With Special Populations
- Special Topics
- Forms and Instructions
- Guidelines, Policies and Regulations
- Data Management and Protection
- Required Training
- Glossary of Terms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us