Prof. Joël Bellaïche
Graduate Advising Head
Department of Mathematics
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02453
(781) 736-3085 (fax)
How to Apply
Ph.D. and M.A.: Fall only
Post-Baccalaureate: Fall & Spring
Ph.D.: Jan. 15
M.A.: Rolling through May 1; application review begins Jan 15
Post-Baccalaureate: Fall deadline: Rolling through May 1; application review begins Jan 15. Spring deadline: November 1.
To apply for all programs, you need to submit:
- An application to the graduate school: Though paper applications are accepted, the admissions committee strongly prefers online applications, which can be found here.
- An application fee: Please click here for instructions.
- Transcripts from all universities and colleges attended: If applying online, they must be uploaded to your application; do not mail them. For more information, visit the graduate school's Frequently Asked Questions.
- Letters of recommendation: Ph.D. applications must contain three letters of recommendation; Master's applications must contain two letters of recommendation; Post-Baccalaureate Program applications may contain one letter of recommendation. If applying online, they must be uploaded to your application. Please click here for more information.
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé
- A statement of purpose: Ph.D. and M.A. applicants should indicate their reasons for undertaking graduate study. In addition, they should describe their qualifications for the academic program and their objectives in undertaking this program. Post-Baccalaureate applicants should write about their reasons for undertaking the program, describe their background in mathematics, and explain how this program will help them achieve their goals.
- Standardized Tests: Graduate Record Exam (GRE) general and subject tests are recommended, but not required. Our ETS institution code is 3092.
International students (non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent residents): For additional requirements, minimum TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE scores, and important information regarding visas, please click here.
For a more comprehensive description of application requirements, please click here.
Generous financial aid is available; for more information please click here.