How to Apply
Application deadline for Ph.D. applications: January 15.
Application deadline for M.S. applications: Rolling until the class is filled, beginning January 15.
To apply for the program, you will need to submit:
- An electronic application.
- An application fee.
- Official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended (applicants must provide a final transcript indicating successful completion of an undergraduate degree program before registration).
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably submitted online).
- A statement of purpose indicating your reasons for undertaking graduate study. In addition, please describe your qualifications for the academic program and your objectives in undertaking this program. Applicants to the doctoral program should clearly outline their research interests and how they would complement those of the faculty. Applicants to the master's program should discuss their academic and professional career plans and how the Graduate School could help them attain their goals.
- Standardized tests: The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) general test is required. The GRE subject test is recommended, but not required. Our ETS institution code is 3092.
International students: Additional requirements for international applicants (non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent residents), minimum TOEFL and IELTS scores, and important information regarding visas may be found on the GSAS international applicants page.