Humanity in Action Fellowships
Intensive and demanding, Humanity in Action brings together international groups of university students and recent graduates for fellowship programs in Atlanta and major cities throughout Europe to explore national histories of discrimination and resistance as well as examples of issues affecting different minority groups today.
Humanity in Action Fellowship programs are designed to facilitate a collective exploration of the social and political roots of discrimination as well as to provide a forum where potential solutions to some of today's most challenging issues can be considered and discussed. The programs are also intended to instill a responsibility among Humanity in Action fellows to recognize and address the need to protect minorities and promote human rights — in their own communities and around the world.
- U.S. citizen or a noncitizen studying at a U.S. college or university
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student (sophomore, junior or senior) or recent graduate
- Non-U.S. citizens studying at a university in the United States are eligible to apply through Humanity in Action's U.S. office.
Programs take place in Amsterdam; Atlanta; Berlin; Copenhagen, Denmark; Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovinia; and Warsaw, Poland. Applicants may not apply to a program in a specific country nor choose their city of participation.
Amount, Duration of Award
The award covers participation in the four-week on-site program, including local transportation, accommodations for incoming fellows from abroad and many meals during the events. The European programs take place TBA. The Atlanta program takes place TBA.
- Online application
- Response essay
- Personal statement
- Brief essay on program themes
- Two letters of recommendation
Dates, Deadlines and Notification
- Intent-to-apply deadline: Email firstname.lastname@example.org by TBA
- Final deadline: TBA
- Initial notification: Applicants will be contacted by Humanity in Action in TBA to let them know whether they have been selected as a finalist.
- Finalist interviews (with selection committee member): TBA
- Final notification (by email): TBA