Degree Programs Featuring Data Science
School of Arts and Sciences
Michtom School of Computer Science offers bachelor of arts and bachelor of science degrees in computer science, as well as several master's degree programs, and a doctoral program.
Computational linguistics is a burgeoning field, and skills are in high-demand in many areas, including speech recognition, artificial intelligence, machine translation, big data, automated text analysis and web search. Brandeis offers three graduate degree programs for students interested in this field.
- The two-year Master of Science in Computational Linguistics program is an accessible, intensive two-year curriculum for students who have a linguistics, language, computer science, mathematics or science background, as well as students without prior study of computer science or linguistics.
- The Five-Year BA/MS Program in Computational Linguistics program allows Brandeis BA students to complete the first-year coursework of the two-year Computational Linguistics MS degree during their undergraduate studies.
- The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Computer Science program allows students to study computational linguistics while pursuing their doctoral degree.
The Rabb School for Continuing Studies
The Rabb School for Continuing Studies has master's programs in applied data science fields, including:
Courses in Data Science
Students seeking a technical foundation in data science may consider courses in computer science, computational linguistics, applied mathematics and more.
A few examples include:
- COSI 101a Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence
- COSI 123A Statistical Machine Learning
- COSI 126a Introduction to Data Mining
- COSI 129a Introduction to Big Data Analysis
- COSI 149B Practical Machine Learning with Big Data
- COSI 114a,b Fundamentals of Natural Language Processing I and II
- COSI 134a Statistical Approaches to Natural Language Processing
- COSI 140b Natural Language Annotation for Machine Learning
- Business 241A Machine Learning and Data Analysis for Business and Finance
- ECON 151a Statistical Modeling with R for Economics and Finance
- MATH 122a Numerical Methods and Big Data
- RSAN 101 Foundations of Data Science and Analytics
- RSAN 120 Statistics and Data Analysis
- RSAN 130 Data Visualization for Strategic Analytics
- RSAN 160 Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning