Engage, Explore, Expand, Excite
The Office of Study Abroad supports Brandeis students who participate on any of our 200 approved programs in about 60 different countries around the world.
On average, 40% of the junior class studies abroad during the academic year. There is a huge diversity of transformative experiences that Brandeis students have engaged in abroad, including:
- Studying biodiversity conservation hands-on in Panama.
- Conducting ethnographic research on sacred figures in Mongolia.
- Studying in a Scandinavian context with Brandeis in Copenhagen: Business and Economics in Denmark.
- Completing major/minor or university requirements in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Gaining expertise in Spanish in Havana, Cuba.
- Study the masters with Brandeis in Siena studio art and art history program.
- Creating and learning in the film industry in Prague, Czech Republic.
The Office of Study Abroad is part of the provost office's global engagement efforts. Find out more about Global Brandeis.
Brandeis Stands Out
For the second year in a row, Brandeis has been recognized for its success in making international study and internships more accessible and inclusive for students of all backgrounds through the Gilman Scholarship Program. For 2017-18, Brandeis University ranked second overall among small colleges and universities (under 5,000 students) in producing Gilman Scholars. In 2016-2017, Brandeis ranked fourth overall in the number of Gilman Scholars for small colleges and universities.