How to Major in Biology
Declaring a Biology Major
To begin the process of declaring a major in biology, please complete the BioNeuroMajorWorksheet. This worksheet is a FileMaker application that uses your UNET ID and password. Once that is submitted, you will receive instructions on how to set up an appointment with the Undergraduate Advising Head or Academic Administrator to declare your major formally.
- You will need your SAGE ID and your list of planned courses
- Log in with your Brandeis ID (the first part of your email) and your password.
- Use a non-Firefox browser (Safari, Chrome or IE/Edge are all fine).
- Connect from on campus (or use VPN first, see VPN Instructions for instructions to install Junos Pulse, not a one time connection).
- Please be patient – the application saves frequently so that you don't lose anything, but it makes it a little slow.
Change Degree or Drop Major
In order to change your degree from BS to BA or to drop the biology major at Brandeis, please contact Laura Woolf. She will make the changes for you.
If you are changing from a BA to a BS, you will need to make an appointment with the Undergraduate Advising Head, who will review your record to make sure this change is appropriate.
If you have any questions, experience problems or have feedback, please send them to Laura Woolf.
You can refer to the Biology checklist to see what courses meet the requirements for the Biology major.