Internship Course Information (BUS 89b)
- Assigned readings. Assignments and readings must be completed in advance for each topic as a basis for bi-seminar discussion.
- A structured journal / forum documenting the internship and addressing certain broad questions in the area of career planning must be kept by all participants. Journal entries will be part of the online forums and submitted by weekly.
- Written group reports with bi-weekly seminar meeting and a 10–15 minute presentation are assigned for each class. Students will select teams and present one report per semester. Specific questions will be explained in our seminar and readings.
- A research paper (about 6 pages or 2000 works). Each student will submit a final paper on a topic be discussed with the instructor. The paper is due on the last day of class. This paper may elaborate on one of the themes discussed in the class or another subject related to your internship.
- Success in this two-credit course is based on the expectation that students will spend a minimum of 4.5 hours of study time per week in preparation for class
- Information for students interested in registering for this course should read this checklist.
- If you have any questions please be in touch with Prof. John Ballantine (email@example.com).