What's New in Workday
Semi Annual Workday Releases
Workday's second 2023 semi-annual feature release took place the weekend of September 9, 2023. This release has some backend improvements not visible to most users. However, users will see some changes that will enhance your Workday experience. Here are some of the notable changes:
- Managers will have a new homepage featuring more information about upcoming important dates for their teams and easier access to their team profiles.
- Users will have the options to select more than one choice for pronouns and gender identity in their personal information.
- Org charts are more customizable and allow you to see the manager chain without clicking through multiple screens. You can also remove or add contingent workers and open positions from your org chart view.
Help us in our diversity efforts!
Brandeis is committed to increasing the compositional diversity of its employees. To measure our progress, we must have accurate and up-to-date demographic information. We can help meet these goals by simply updating our demographic profile in Workday. Understandably, there may be questions around this request.
- What happens with this information?
Demographic information in Workday is secure and not open access. The Office of Human Resources has oversight of this information and carefully keeps your individual data private. In general, more complete data allows for better record keeping and benchmarking against our peer institutions as well.
- Who has access to it?
The only people who have access to your demographic information are the staff in Human Resources. Even your manager is not automatically granted access to your demographic information.
- How does the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) use these data?
ODEI only seeks to have access to aggregated demographic data. The purpose is to measure progress toward DEI goals and to discern impacts on different communities at Brandeis. ODEI will never have access to your individual demographic data.
- How does the Office of Institutional Research (OIR) use these data?
OIR uses the aggregate data to support the work of ODEI and others to support the goals of increasing diversity at Brandeis. This office also reports on these data to external agencies in aggregate.