Reduce & Reuse
What's better than recycling? Not using the items at all! Brandeis is working hard to reduce waste.
If you have usable materials that you don't want- post a My Brandeis Classified ad to see if others want them. If you are looking out for free items sign up to noticed whenever there are new ads. Students, before you move out- please use the classifieds or donate items.
Three Steps to "Drink Responsibly"
Reduce- avoid purchasing bottled water or drinks in disposable containers if drinking "for here."
Reuse- use mugs, reusable cups, or bottles! You will get a discount on drinks purchased in a reusable container.
Recycle -It's easy to recycle plastic, metal, or glass containers. Empty any extra liquids and place in any labeled recycling bin, even one with "paper type" lids- recycling is all collected together now! Did you know that paper coffee cups are not recyclable-but the lids and sleeves are. Better yet use a mug!
- Read your e-mails on screen
- Back-up e-mails with a thumb drive
- Use e-mail over hard-copy whenever possible
- Avoid using oversets
- Use a smaller font
- Print double sided
- More and more campus printers have duplex capabilities – maybe mentioning which places on campus ie the Green room and the ICC
- Blank sides of printed documents can be used as scratch paper or to print other documents
- Utilizing LATTE for uploading papers, grading and class discussions