Need to reserve space for your event?
Please fill out our Student Event Request Form
Sherman Function Hall and Levin Ballroom Booking Policy
Due to increased programming and limited space, the space regulations are as follows:
Levin Ballroom: One two-day booking per semester
Sherman Function Hall: Two-day maximum reservation, per event. *Please note that Sherman Function Hall is not available for bookings on Friday nights.
- Student clubs may not book both Levin and Sherman at the same time.
- Space is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and we will process requests for space as they come in. We are not able to disclose which group or department has reserved a space.
- All items must be removed at the completion of your event. Any items that are left behind will be disposed of after 24 hours.
- University Events is not responsible for lost, stolen, damaged or disposed items.
- If you need access to the ladder in Levin Ballroom, you must come to the University Events office, located on the ground floor of Kutz, to get the ladder key before the event date. The key may be picked up from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday. The key must be returned the next business day following your event.
- Please keep space capacity in mind when requesting a specific space for your event. Events will not be booked in spaces that are not appropriately sized. For example, Levin will not be booked for a group of 40. And Sherman, which seats 350, cannot be booked for an event expecting 450 people.
- Food is not permitted in classrooms.
- Rain calls must be made at least 72 hours in advance for outdoor events.
Decorations in Spaces on Campus
- No fireworks, pyrotechnics, smoke machines or bubble machines are allowed. They could set off fire alarms or cause trip hazards.
- No use of materials that could cause damage to walls/ceilings (i.e., nails, screws, tacks).
- Any adhesive used on walls/ceilings must be fully removed. If any paint/plaster is damaged when removed, your club/organization may be charged to fix the damage.
- Ceiling tiles cannot be removed. The ceiling tile suspension system should not be bent or destroyed. If anything is hung from it and bends/breaks/ruins it in any way, your club/organization must pay for the replacement of the complete room suspension ceiling.
- Doors, windows or any form of egress cannot be blocked.
Event Planning Meetings
Schedule an Event Planning Meeting with Chawney Weis to review the logistics and set-up needs of your event.
University Events and the Department of Student Engagement are the two major support services for student-group events at Brandeis. University Events is responsible for booking most spaces on campus, logistics and event details. Student Activities can help you with the development and organization of your event.
During the planning process, you will work closely with both University Events and Student Activities to ensure your event will be a success.