Internship Credit Guidelines
In order to be eligible for an internship course, an internship must
-Last 100 hours over 10 weeks (fall/spring) or 6 weeks during the summer
-Have faculty approval before internship begins
-Be paid or unpaid
-Have a rigorous academic component (designed by a faculty)
-Not be used for multiple internship courses
Research Internship 93a
- Currently offered in BIO, BCHM, COSI, PHYS & PSYC**
- Independent Research Internship 93a courses provide students with an opportunity to work in a research lab for one semester, usually on-campus, pursuing a project with a faculty member that has the potential to produce new scientific results.
|Internship Course:||93a Independent Research Internship|
||Usually in fall and spring, occasionally in summer
||10 hr/week Research Internship concurrent with one-on-one with faculty supervision
|Varying; Research, group collaboration, oral and written presentation|
||Contacting Internship Coordinator, UAH or faculty member
|Enrollment:||93a Add Form|
- With a faculty member, you would design a Research project which supports the research agenda of the group or department.
- The project typically includes background research, lab work, and collaboration with other group members and/or faculty.
- Course requires signature of the instructor, is subject to the availability of undergraduate research positions, and is typically open only to juniors and seniors.
- See individual department/program UAH for more information