Division of Business and Finance

Insurance Requirements

All contractors, vendors, or other service providers wishing to conduct business with Brandeis University or provide other services are required to have their own insurance. This insurance is necessary to cover any claims or losses for which the contractor/vendor may be responsible. Brandeis University has various insurance requirements specific to the type of contractor or vendor. Those requirements can be determined by checking on the links below.

Insurance certificates for all contractors, vendors, or other service providers doing business on any Brandeis property must be sent to the following address

Brandeis University
Attn: Procurement Services
415 South St. MS 48
Waltham, MA 02453

Additional Insured

Brandeis University must be named as an additional insured as their interests may appear and a copy of the endorsement should be sent to Procurement Services before any contract is executed.

Waiver of Subrogation

Waiver of subrogation in favor of Brandeis University.


Exceptions to these requirements may be made under limited or unique circumstances. Such exceptions must be approved after a thorough review by Brandeis University

Requirements by Type of Vendor or Contractor

Construction Contractors


Facilities Services Vendors

Food Service

Office Equipment Vendors

Performing Artists