How to Buy Guide
The How to Buy Guide is a resource for Brandeis University employees to use before purchasing goods or services.
The guide is organized by category of purchase. In each of the categories, all efforts should be made to obtain goods and services using the preferred vendor and by the preferred method of purchasing.
- Preferred Vendor: Enterprise Holdings — Enterprise, National, Alamo and WeCar
Preferred Vendor: W.B. Mason
Terms: Can be used for any projects under $25,000 without competitive bids. All orders must be made using MarketPlace+
For Quotes: Contact customer service representative Jimmy Peters at 508-380-7196
Other Vendors: For suggestions, contact Procurement Services
Office Chair Samples: Procurement has sample chairs available at 60 Turner Street. Feel free to drop by between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m
Preferred Vendor: Olympia Moving and Storage
- Procedures: All moves must go through Facilities Services by submitting a work request. In an effort to keep moving costs down, Olympia is generally on campus one day per week to assist with moves. If you have a moving need that falls outside their normal schedule, a quote for the services will be provided by Olympia prior to the work being scheduled
Terms: Olympia may be used for services up to $10,000, with no second quote or sole source required. Anything over $10,000 requires two quotes. Services for $5,000 and above must be submitted through MarketPlace+
Information for Coordinating Move: Facilities Services
Information for Submitting Requisition: Procurement Services
- All print projects, regardless of price, must be submitted through MarketPlace+. If you do not have a MarketPlace+ account and need one, please fill out the procurement systems access form (pdf)
- For print projects less than $2,000: Bid requirerment is waived when using a preferred vendor
- For print projects greater than $2,000: An estimate from at least two preferred vendors is required
- Contact vendor(s) to determine cost and their ability to meet your needs. Use the Brandeis University print spec sheet (pdf) for quickest results
Exclusions / Exceptions
All orders to nonreferred printers must go through MarketPlace+ via a noncatalog requisition. Fill out the Print Services exceptions form (pdf) stating why one of the contracted printers cannot perform the service, and submit to Procurement with the requisition for approval.
Order through a punchout catalog on MarketPlace+
UPS is the university's preferred small-package carrier for shipments within the United States. To have an account created, fill out the UPS application.
Pick-Up Locations and Times
Lab Supplies Receiving, 10 a.m
Central Receiving, 6:30 p.m
Area Drop Boxes
Bernstein-Marcus, 6:15 p.m
- 130 Turner Street - 6:15 p.m
Usdan Student Center, 6:30 p.m
Brandeis does not have a preferred carrier for international shipping. Due to the way international shipping is regulated, certain carriers are stronger in different regions of the world. Feel free to choose the best carrier for your needs.
University Vendor: Poland Springs is the university's water vendor for individual departments
Procedures: All accounts should be linked to a procurement card (P-Card) for payment
More Information: Procurement Services