Take the Green Pledge
The facts are clear: These four simple things are the most important ways you can act on climate change now.
- Go meat-free at least one day a week.
- Don't waste food — take only the food you're going to finish.
- Advocate for sustainability policies at least one day a month.
- Discuss climate change with friends and family.
Why These Actions?
Experts agree that these actions are key to achieving the change we need. For example, Project Drawdown tells us that the food we waste is responsible for roughly 8% of global emissions, and that making the transition to a plant-based diet may be the most effective way an individual can stop climate change. And a recent study led by Yale researchers found that simply discussing the climate crisis with friends and family leads to greater understanding and concern about the issue.
Take the Pledge
Demonstrate your resolve to work against climate change by filling out this online form.
Resources to Support Your Commitment
Advocate Once a Month
- Video: How to Call Your Representative With 5calls.org (2:11).
- Sign up for policy alerts with one or more of the organizations listed on the AASHE policy page.
- Register for Massachusetts Climate Action Network emails.