Workday Mobile App - Supported Versions
October 8, 2021The Workday@Brandeis team would like to inform the community that Workday has announced requirements for minimum operating systems as follows:
- Apple iOS - starting Oct. 25, the mobile app will only be supported on iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 14 and higher. Future updates and support will no longer be available for iOS13 or lower.
- Google Android OS - effective Aug. 30, the mobile app will only support devices with Android 7.0 or higher. Future updates and support will no longer be available for Android 6.0 or lower.
September 23, 2021
Whether you’re new to Workday or interested in a refresher - check out the Workday HR/Finance Training Activity Guide which outlines resources available for completing common tasks or functions in Workday. Several examples include “I am…” a staff or faculty member who manages staff; a staff or faculty member who manages budgets and runs financial reports; a staff or faculty member who manages staff with links to step-by-step job aids or self-paced, online training.
You can also stop by the virtual Workday Office Hours to get one-on-one assistance with using Workday. September schedule: Tuesdays from 2- 3 p.m. and Wednesdays from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. Visit the Workday@Brandeis website to view the complete library of resources for HR/Finance and employee self-service or Student including job aids, instructional videos, and FAQs. Please submit suggestions for Workday training topics using the Workday Training Suggestion Form. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Workday - New and Improved Features
September 9, 2021
On Sept. 11 Workday will be upgraded to a new version. The system will be unavailable on Saturday from 2:00 - 6:00 a.m. while the system is updated with new and improved features that improve accessibility and overall user experience. Here is some helpful information to prepare you for the upcoming changes. The Search field has moved – it will appear centered at the top of the screen (previously on the top left). You can also choose to search by “people” or “tasks and reports” to narrow down your search results. There’s also a new way to view and select report prompts. After searching for and selecting a report (using the blue hyperlink), the prompts menu will now appear as a separate dialog window. Rather than being directed to a new page, you will stay within the current screen to set up parameters for the report. You can enter or select prompt(s) then select the ‘Ok’ button to run the report.
Workday Student - Office Hours & Resources
- Workday Student Training Activity Guides - to help faculty and students view a list of resources broken down by common tasks.
- Workday Student for Administrators and Workday Student for Advisors - online, self-directed courses available in LATTE.
- Office Hours (faculty, staff and students) - join the team of experts to get one-on-one assistance with using Workday. September schedule:
- Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m.
Workday Student - Resources for Faculty
- Workday Student Training Activity Guide - training resources are broken down by common tasks.
- Terminology crosswalk- translation of Sage terms to Workday and where to find the task
- Instructional videos - short how-to videos including:
- Job Aids - step-by-step guides for important processes such as course section management, manage student notes, view student’s academic record, reporting, and more.
Help us in our diversity efforts!
Brandeis is committed to increasing the compositional diversity of its employees. To measure our progress, we must have accurate and up-to-date demographic information. We can help meet these goals by simply updating our demographic profile in Workday. Understandably, there may be questions around this request.
- What happens with this information?
Demographic information in Workday is secure and not open access. The Office of Human Resources has oversight of this information and carefully keeps your individual data private. In general, more complete data allows for better recordkeeping and benchmarking against our peer institutions as well.
- Who has access to it?
The only people who have access to your demographic information are the staff in Human Resources. Even your manager is not automatically granted access to your demographic information.
- How does the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) use these data?
ODEI only seeks to have access to aggregated demographic data. The purpose is to measure progress toward DEI goals and to discern impacts on different communities at Brandeis. ODEI will never have access to your individual demographic data.
- How does the Office of Planning and Institutional Research (OPIR) use these data?
OPIR uses the aggregate data to support the work of ODEI and others to support the goals of increasing diversity at Brandeis. This office also reports on these data to external agencies in aggregate.