Focus on Global Economics and Finance
The BA/MA Program at Brandeis International Business School (IBS) is an innovative 5-year degree program that allows Brandeis undergraduates to earn their BA plus a Master of Arts in International Economics and Finance (MA). The curriculum targets financial and economic skills needed to understand the global economy and international finance.
The BA/MA Curriculum:
- Provides students with sophisticated skills in finance, economic analysis, and accounting
- Uses our expansive Bloomberg Lab to familiarize students with essential Bloomberg tools for financial modeling and data analysis
- Provides advanced expertise in one or more specialized areas, including business economics, real estate finance, financial economics and data analytics
- Incorporates electives and core courses taught by senior professionals in the field, with new courses added to reflect areas of high demand in target fields
- Goes beyond traditional economic analysis. Students learn about behavioral influences on financial markets; the origins, propagation and bursting of financial bubbles; and how financial market dynamics generate macroeconomic instability.
- Helps students learn to apply key concepts to complex real-life situations. Our students graduate ready to analyze current challenges to financial stability or economic growth anywhere in the world.
Students interested in the BA/MA program must apply in the spring semester of their junior year.