Focus on Global Economics and Finance
The BA/MA Program at Brandeis International Business School (IBS) is an innovative 5-year degree program that allows Brandeis undergraduates to earn their BA plus a Master of Arts in International Economics and Finance (MA). The curriculum targets financial and economic skills needed to understand the global economy and international finance.
New STEM Designation
As a part of our flagship MA degree in international economics and finance, the BA/MA program now has STEM designation, which acknowledges its quantitative approach and curricular emphasis on econometrics. The BA/MA degree offers a strong focus on the analysis of economic phenomena and related issues, including economic modeling, forecasting and evaluation. Further, under current rules, it enables international students in this program to extend practical training for up to 36 months after graduation.
The BA/MA Curriculum:
- Provides students with sophisticated skills in finance, economic analysis, and accounting
- Uses our expansive Bloomberg Lab to familiarize students with essential Bloomberg tools for financial modeling and data analysis
- Provides advanced expertise in one or more specialized areas, including business economics, real estate finance, financial economics and data analytics
- Incorporates electives and core courses taught by senior professionals in the field, with new courses added to reflect areas of high demand in target fields
- Goes beyond traditional economic analysis. Students learn about behavioral influences on financial markets; the origins, propagation and bursting of financial bubbles; and how financial market dynamics generate macroeconomic instability.
- Helps students learn to apply key concepts to complex real-life situations. Our students graduate ready to analyze current challenges to financial stability or economic growth anywhere in the world.
Students interested in the BA/MA program must apply in the spring semester of their junior year.